RSS

3rd lesson: Definite and Indefinite Articles 1

Okay, for today's lesson I am going to discuss on articles which are a, an, the. Btw, have you guys tried the exercises on the links I've given??...hopefully you did. =)


Articles in English are divided into two -----> DEFINITE & INDEFINITE. By the meaning I guess you may have known the use of them?...
  
DEFINITE = the
INDEFINITE = a, an

When I was at school I also had trouble to differentiate the use of these two articles. So, what I did was I distinguished them by the sounds of the word, when we say the word 'the', it sounds so strong and precise, therefore I assumed that it is for things that are specific and DEFINITE while a/an they sounds a bit weak and unstable (if you guys know what I'm saying), thus I used it for general and INDEFINITE objects. So through that I know how to use them, the definite and indefinite articles. This is just my way of learning, it is up to you to apply or not, ok? =)

I think I will provide links for the articles exercises first, so that you get the rough idea of the whole thing. Later, in the next entry I will teach you when to use this definite and indefinite. Practice makes perfect!...so try answer the quizzes and play games as well, and see how much you score!....=)

Exercises,
Fun Games,
So, till then my fellow buddiesss!! =))

0 comments:

Post a Comment